fredag 27. juni 2014

Comment: Could the beautiful villages and towns of Italy been created under today's property regime?

Les artikkelen kommentaren er knyttet til her.
Hei Richard! I'm happy you liked the post. I don't know what ratio there traditionally were between commons/property rights in Tolfa, but if it was anything like today I'm sure the beautiful hillside/top towns of Italy would never had come alive. As Bollier writes: 

"As Bradford wrote: ‘‘And no man now thought he could live except he had cattle and a great deal of ground to keep them all, all striving to increase their stocks. By which means they were scattered all over the bay quickly and the town in which they lived compactly till now was left very thin.’’ You might say that private property rights in land were the beginning of suburban sprawl."
See: 


See also:


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Merk: Bare medlemmer av denne bloggen kan legge inn en kommentar.